Hinds Energy can take care of most of your home and business comfort needs, including:
- Heating Oil Delivery
- Propane Delivery
- Heating Equipment Sales and Service
- Air Conditioning Equipment Sales and Service
- Indoor Air Quality: Air Filtration and Humidifiers
- Duct Cleaning
- Gasoline – See all our stations
- Lubricants and Greases
- Fleet Fueling
- On and Off-Road Diesel
- Temporary and permanent fuel tanks
The Hinds Energy offices are in Montrose, PA. We’re open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Monday through Friday, and can be reached for emergency service 24/7 at 570-278-3811.
Hinds Energy delivers fuel to the following counties in Pennsylvania and New York:
- Bradford County, PA
- Lackawanna County, PA
- Susquehanna County, PA
- Wayne County, PA
- Wyoming County, PA
- Broome County, NY
- Chenango County, NY
- Tioga County, NY
For the full list of towns within each county, visit the Hinds Energy Service Area page.
If you’ve run out of heating oil or propane, and live in our service area covering Susquehanna County and Wyoming County, PA and parts of the Southern Tier of NY, call Hinds Propane at 570-278-3811 for an emergency heating oil or propane delivery.
Hinds Energy provides emergency service to our automatic delivery and/or service club customers, 24/7/365 for:
- No heat
- No hot water
- No air conditioning
- Smoke or fire in heating/air conditioning equipment
Call Hinds Energy’s emergency service number at 570-278-3811, and we will arrange to get a technician to you as quickly as possible.
In an emergency situation, first, make sure everyone is safe! Then call the office nearest you. You will speak to a Hinds Energy expert during business hours or our professional answering service after hours. Either way, a service technician will promptly be dispatched to your location. Do not use our online service request form in an emergency situation.
Very often, you can get your heat back on without calling for emergency service. If you have no heat, try these steps before calling for service:
- Check your thermostat.
- Make sure it is set to “heat”
- Set the temperature at least 10 degrees above the current room temperature
- Make sure the emergency switch is in the “On” position
- Check to see if you have fuel in the tank
- If you have a boiler, check the water level.
- Press the reset button – ONCE only. Do not press more than one time.
- Still not working? Call Hinds Energy for emergency service.
Our prices for full service heating oil and propane delivery are always competitive, and offer our customers value-added benefits like automatic delivery, service plans, 24/7/365 emergency service, pricing and payment plans, and more. But we understand that some customers are looking for lower priced high-quality heating oil and propane, without the other services. For additional discounts on Hinds Energy heating oil and propane, please visit hindsenergyonline.com, where you can order and pay for your fuel as you need it.
Yes! Hinds Energy offers two heating oil payment plans (for propane, too).
- “SmartPay” Budget Plan spreads your annual heating costs out over 11 months, so you always know how much you’ll pay each month, and don’t have to worry about paying for extra deliveries in the middle of the holiday season.
- Pre-pay Plan lets you pay for your heating oil or propane at the beginning of the season, and not have to worry about a bill all winter long. Pre-pay plans usually offer you the lowest prices available, and any balance can be refunded or rolled over as a credit to next year.
Your heating equipment was built to last for many years, but it may be time for a new furnace/boiler even if it is still working, if:
- The furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old
- It breaks down more often than in the past
- Your fuel bills are higher than they used to be
If you think it is time to upgrade your heating equipment, call Hinds Energy for a system evaluation. We can look at your service and usage history and inspect your heating system, and then give you honest, reliable estimates to replace your propane or heating oil boiler, furnace, and water heater.
Propane prices vary daily, based on a number of factors, including the commodity costs of crude oil and natural gas, supply, transportation and storage costs, and more. Please call your local Hinds Energy office to find today’s price. When deciding on a propane provider, consider that Hinds Energy is a full-service company, and offers:
- Reliable delivery
- Honest metering
- Service plans
- Payment plans
- And so much more.
The propane in your home has a chemical added to it to make it smell. This is a safety measure, so you can tell if there is a leak, which could be very dangerous. The chemical makes the propane smell like rotten eggs or a skunk’s spray.
Before we can tell you how much a central air conditioning system is going to cost, a Hinds Energy representative will need to inspect your home to calculate the number of rooms and the size of the unit needed. Central air conditioners are sized from 1.5 tons to 5 tons, which equal the number of BTUs they produce. Your Hinds Energy representative will also check to see if you have or need ductwork (or, alternatively, will be better off with a ductless mini-split system), and then talk to you about cooling and efficiency options and costs for an air conditioner that will work in your home.
Air ducts should be cleaned every three to five years, more frequently if you have pets or a family member has asthma or allergies. You should call Hinds Energy to schedule a cleaning any time you see black marks on the outside of your vent register, suspect there’s mold in the ductwork, or notice signs of vermin, insects or rodents in the home or near the ductwork.
During the winter, your skin gets dry and cracked because of low humidity levels. Dry air can also make your family more susceptible to colds and infections, warp furniture and damage your home’s framing. A home humidifier will adjust the moisture levels in your home, which will make you feel better and make your heating system work better.
Yes! Hinds Energy offers on- road and off-road diesel, fleet fueling, hydraulic lubricants by the 5 gallon pail or 55 gallon drum, racing lubricants, and greases. Learn more about all our high quality lubricants and commercial fuels.
Hinds Marts – formerly HO Marts – are convenience stores in Northeast PA and parts of the Southern Tier of NY. Visit a Hinds Mart for:
- A variety of coffees, cappuccinos & teas
- Daily breakfast & lunch specials
- Fresh donuts, muffins & gourmet cupcakes
- Pennsylvania State Lottery
- Hershey & Perry's Ice Cream
- Live Bait
- Engine oils and additives
- Propane tank refills or tank exchanges
- Bagged ice
- Soda, cased water, select groceries & household products
- Sunoco or Gulf Gift Cards or Hinds Energy gift certificates
- And much more!
If you’re in Northeastern Pennsylvania, there’s a Hinds Mart near you.
- Montrose Hinds Mart (Sunoco):
242 Church Street, Montrose, PA 18801;
570-278-4228; open 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- New Milford Hinds Mart (Gulf):
519 State Route 492 (exit 223 off Interstate 81), New Milford, PA 18834;
570-465-3110; open 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Susquehanna Hinds Mart (Gulf):
1503 E. Main Street, Susquehanna, PA 18847;
570-853-5081; open 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Shops Plaza Hinds Mart (Valero):
239 Erie Blvd, Susquehanna, PA 18847,
570-853-2145; open 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Weekends 7 am - 9 pm)