Fuel Pricing and Payment Plans
At Hinds Energy, we make it easy for you to pay your heating oil and propane bills. Our Montrose and Susquehanna, PA area friends and neighbors enjoy these fuel pricing and payment options:
- C.O.D. delivery: Also called "will call" delivery, with this plan, you call our office whenever you need a fuel refill and we will respond promptly with our radio dispatched fuel trucks. C.O.D. is a good option for people who travel often or for second homes in which fuel consumption is not consistent. The drawbacks of this plan are that you must keep track of fuel levels in your tank and call before it's at one-quarter full; and you must be present to pay upon delivery. If you would like Hinds Energy to deliver your heating oil or propane when you need it - no watching the tank and no waiting for a delivery - consider our free automatic delivery service.
- Prompt payment discount: To reward you for your prompt payment, we offer a 30-cent-per-gallon discount for payments received within 10 days of your heating oil or propane delivery.
- Dual fuel discount: Contact us about our special discount for dual heating oil and propane users
- Pay online: Now that you're online, you can enjoy the convenience of paying your Hinds Energy bills online. You'll save time ... you'll save stamps ... and online payments are also a great way to go "green" - reducing the amount of paper we all use by transferring your payments digitally. It's quick, easy and completely secure, so give it a try now!
2022-23 Heating Oil Budget And Prepay Plans
It will come as no surprise that the budget and prepay prices this year will be higher than they have been in recent years. We have been diligently working towards solutions for you that are the very best we can offer. Before delving into the details, let’s provide a bird’s eye view of the plans available along with their strengths and weaknesses for you our valued customer.
- Traditional Budget Plan: This plan offers you the ability to have consistent monthly payments without having to be concerned with those dreaded multiple fill-ups in a single month. This plan does not offer any protection should the cost of fuel increase over the coming months. Your price per gallon will automatically reduce should the price of oil fall during the winter. Your payments will be monthly for 11 months.
- Fixed Budget Plan: This offers you protection if the price increases over the winter months. However, if the prices fall during the contract period the price will remain at the higher price. Your payment will be monthly for 11 months
- Fixed Prepay Plan: This offers you the same protection as the Fixed Budget at a discount or lower price of 10 cents per gallon. Your complete payment is due at the time of the contract signing.
- Capped Budget Plan: This offers you protection if the price increases over the winter months. In addition, if the price of heating oil falls during the contract period your price will go down also yielding you the best of both worlds Your payments will be monthly for 11 months. There will be a monthly cap fee of $39.95 per month which buys your protection for you.
- Capped Prepay Plan: This offers you protection if the price increases over the winter months. In addition, if the price of heating oil falls during the contract period your price will go down. Your complete payment is due at the time of the contract signing including the cap fee which will be set on the date of the contract.
- Prepayment plan: This plan allows you to pay for your heating oil in advance of the heating season. At the end of the season, any remaining balance will be refunded or rolled over for the next year, and outstanding costs will be billed to you at the same fixed rate. Enrollment for this plan takes place during the summer months.
- "SmartPay" budget plan: Take control of your heating oil costs when you spread your yearly costs into 11 equal monthly payments. You won't be surprised with large unpredictable payments during the heating season - you'll know exactly what to pay each month. Enrollment for this plan takes place during the summer months.
We are frequently asked about which plan is best for you. Our answer is get the one you can afford with as much protection as your budget allows. While historically this approach does not work every single year, over many years having protection in place has saved our customers their hard-earned dollars.
We strongly recommend being on a plan of some sort. Being able to plan ahead with the knowledge that your payments will not change is a great position to be in as there is little else we can say that about. One other piece of advice is do not try to guess what will happen to oil prices. It can be tempting to think that a prediction can be made about the oil market.
If you would like further information about a plan custom designed to meet your needs please call our office at (570)278-3811.