The recent heat wave we have experienced this July means a lot of you relied heavily on your air conditioning systems to cool down your home. Did you know that regular maintenance on your AC keeps the system running efficiently and ensures that you will stay cool when you need it the most? In addition, proper AC maintenance can extend the units life and in the long run will save you lots of money!
Clean your air conditioner's filter when your AC is being used regularly, especially in the peak of the summer season. If you have fur-bearing pets in your home your AC filter may need to be cleaned or replace more often. Dusty environments also lead to AC filters needing to be replaced more often. This isn't a bad thing though, because you can lower your air conditioner's energy consumption by 5% to 15% just by cleaning or replacing the filter!
When your air conditioner needs a little more than regular maintenance and love you can always call the Hinds Energy Heating and Cooling team and schedule an appointment with one of our technicians.
You should especially call a HVAC technician when you suspect a coolant leak, and/or your AC is not working correctly after you have cleaned it. You should have a HVAC professional inspect and adjust your AC system before each summer. Replacing a part cost less than replacing the entire unit in the middle of a heat wave.
Just remember, you want to keep your air conditioner in best shape so you can continue to reap these benefits:
- Increases the security of your home with AC installed because it will mean less windows are open. Especially at night time.
- Decrease in the presence of insects and parasites
- Helps exclude external allergens such as pollen
- Renews and improves air quality
- Reduce the risk of dehydration from sweating especially in young children and the elderly
- It can also increase physical and intellectual activity!