With the recently enacted Inflation Reduction Act, homeowners who install upgraded oilheat equipment could be eligible for a $600 tax credit. The requirements to become eligible for the tax credit go as follows:
- You must install an oil-fired furnace or hot water boiler
- The installation must take place between January 1, 2023 and December 31, 2026
- The upgraded equipment needs to meet 2021 Energy Star® criteria: 87 annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) for boilers and 85 AFUE for furnaces
- The equipment must be rated by manufacturers for use with renewable fuel blends of 20% or more
What Does This Mean for You?
Upgrading your heating system has several benefits when it comes to your comfort, savings, and the environment. Benefits include:
- Maximum comfort-You never have to worry about uneven temperatures throughout your home or cranking up the heat more than usual to get the warmth you need. An upgraded heating system provides the exact comfort levels you need all year round.
- More heat for less money-Today's heating systems are durable, reliable, and provide more heat while using less fuel. Upgrading provides both short-term and long-term savings. You'll be able to cut down on fuel deliveries, reduce maintenance needs, and avoid frequent system breakdowns or performance issues.
- Reducing your carbon footprint-Since upgraded heating systems provide more heat for less fuel, you can drastically reduce your carbon footprint. Reducing your carbon footprint contributes to cleaner air and an overall healthier environment.
How Hinds Can Help
Hinds Fuel is proud to provide high-quality furnaces, boilers and hot water heaters that can provide year-round savings and comfort. You'll not only be qualified for your $600 tax credit, but you can have peace of mind knowing you have uninterrupted comfort 365 days a year. We install heating equipment from some of the best manufacturers in the industry including:
- Thermo Pride
- Energy Kinetics
We even provide service plans, preventive maintenance, and 24-hour emergency service to ensure your heating system exceeds your expectations. For more information on our products and services, head over to our contact us page and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.